- This book contains 50 further evidences that Petra is the
original location of Mashjid al-Haraam, plus locations in Petra
that fit the various places associated with the original pilgrimage.
- Early Islamic Qiblas
- New archeological evidence clearly demonstrates that early
Islamic mosques were not erroneously oriented as previously thought.
Using modern technology and satellite imaging, Canadian historian
Dan Gibson has discovered that early Islamic mosques were oriented
to four different places. And they are not where Islam expects
them to be.
- For the first time in history Dan Gibson has undertaken a
comprehensive survey of Islamic mosques from the first two centuries
of Islam. Using this data, Gibson demonstrates that Muhammad
and the first four caliphs all prayed towards a different place!
This location was also the focus of their pilgrimage. Gibson
believes that Muslims are disobeying their prophet by focusing
their prayers on a Black Stone in Saudi Arabia, when the Quran
commands them to face the original location.
- This book contains all of the data behind the documentary
film The Sacred City. Viewers of this film can
now check the background data for themselves and investigate
further arguments that were not included in the film. Complete
with hundreds of images, charts, maps and footnotes, this volume
clearly challenges traditionally held Islamic history.
- Hardcover Full color, 308 pages,
Independent Scholars Press - 2017
- Qu'anic Geography
- A survey and evaluation of the geographical references in
the Qur'an with suggested solutions for various problems and
issues. This reference book examines the various geographical
references made in the Qur'an. It looks extensively at "the
people of 'Ad," the people of Thamud," the Midianites,
Medina and Mecca. This is the is the book that first suggested
that the Holy City of Islam is really Petra in Jordan rather
than Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
- Over 450 pages in length
- Independant Scholars Press - 2011
- ISBN: 978-0-9733642-8-6
- The Nabataeans, Builders of Petra
- A fascinating look at the ancient Nabataean Kingdom! During
the time of the Greek and Roman Empires, this small Arabian empire
built spectacular cities in the Arabian Desert. Their ships and
camel caravans traveled to far off exotic places to bring luxury
goods to European markets. Most of all they are remembered for
building the exotic ancient city of Petra.
- E-Book available from smashwords.com - 2003
- ISBN: 9781927581100